Type: Umbilical Hernia
Age: One Size: from birth up to 6 years of age
Quantity: 1 Piece
Material: Latex Free: 80% Polyurethane Foam, 10% Polyamide, 10% Cotton
Model: AA 501-D
- Soft, elastic, adjustable band with a hernia limiter.
- The belt is one size that will fit children from birth up to 6 years of age.
- The belt is easy to wash, has hypoallergenic properties, and is highly durable.
- Newborns can only apply the belt after the umbilical wound has completely healed.
- Use this product only under medical supervision!
- Preventing the loss of or infringement from a hernia sac when an umbilical hernia is present in infants and children up to 6 years of age.
Assistica® Umbilical Hernia Belt provides a soft local compression in the navel, preventing the hernia sac from pushing out, which helps the overgrown umbilical ring. This is for treatment and prevention of umbilical hernias in children.
HOW IT WORKS:
Assistica® Umbilical Hernia Belt puts local pressure on the navel and prevents the hernia sac from pushing outside of the abdomen.
Use the belt only after consulting with a specialist and follow their instructions.
HOW TO WEAR:
Put the belt on over the underwear in the morning. In order to put it on, you will need to line up the pad with the navel, and then, while baby lying on the back, gently massage the stomach from the bottom upwards and straighten the hernia if it is protruding from the navel area. After completing the massage, wrap the belt around the stomach and fasten it in the front.
It is recommended that you place a soft cloth under the hard pad. It should be clean, carefully straightened, and wider than the pad by one to two centimeters. This is particularly applicable for thin patients with a small, subcutaneous fat layer – the cloth provides a soft and snug fit for the pad around the hernia’s opening.
The belt should fit snugly against the body without excessive compression, as this can interfere with blood circulation. If a belt is worn and tightened correctly, the hernia will not be able to exit through the opening.
Assistica® Umbilical Hernia Belt should be worn all day and taken off only at night.